LAND THE JOB
Lebanon, OH 45036 US
Precision Staffing is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer for an automotive supplier in the Mason, OH area.
Summary of Quality Engineer:
The Quality Engineer will support the development of quality systems and controls for internal manufacturing processes including developing and improving supplier processes. The Quality Engineer will act as a customer representative and customer support contact as well as supporting quality labs in day-to-day engineering support activities for solving manufacturing problems.
Responsibilities of Quality Engineer:
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Work Independently in establishing programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Development and implementation of methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality & reliability.
- Compiles and writes training material, and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Should be pro-actively involved and initiate activity in the improvement process, and promote its use within the facility.
Qualifications/Requirements of Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university in a related field; and generally 4-8 years of related experience and/or training.
- Must be fluent in systems such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA’s and QS9000/TS16949 requirements.
- Automotive background would be a plus.
- Must possess a proficient working knowledge of SPC and MSA.
- Must be familiar with DOE and well versed with methodical problem solving processes, as well as the 7 tools of quality. Must have the ability to apply these tools to be able to solve complex manufacturing problems.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills are required.