JOB ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Assist in leasing apartments.
• Prepare packets of information for prospective customers.
• Show the apartment, emphasizing amenities, services available in the community.
• Review terms and conditions of the lease.
• Conduct unit inspections.
• Routinely walk or drive the grounds of the property and/or common areas.
• Greet residents coming into the property management office.
• Set up and maintain confidential files for each household.
• Assist in compiling information for monthly management reports, and assist in maintaining statistical data.
• Gather appropriate data to process interim re-examinations for residents reporting changes of family composition and/or income status.
• Type miscellaneous correspondence and memoranda.
• Maintains forms and office supplies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each competency satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must understand and be able to explain to others the terms and conditions of the lease criteria for admission in the public housing programs as well as other property management rules and regulations.
• Type at least 35 wpm after errors are deleted.
• Basic knowledge in word processing applications (Microsoft Word and Excel).
• Must be proficient in basic business math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculation of fractions and percentages).
• Demonstrate strong telephone skills, as well as a working knowledge of standard office procedures.
• Enjoy working with the public and must possess strong customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record (no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years). (Please indicate if you temporary staff will be permitted to drive a vehicle, if needed).
• Must pass a 10 panel drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle check.
• A high school diploma or equivalent knowledge is required.