One of the largest regional healthcare systems is adding to their AR team. They are seeking AR specialists. Located in Mason and easily accessible to I-71 and I-275.
Responsible for following up directly with commercial and governmental payers to resolve claim issues and secure appropriate and timely reimbursement. Identifies and analyzes denials and payment variances and takes action to resolve account including drafting and submitting technical appeals.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Must pass typing test of 35 words per minute (error adjusted).
- Excellent Verbal skills.
- Problem solving skills, the ability to look at account and determine a plan of action for collection.
- Critical thinking skills, the ability to comprehend tools provided for securing payment, and apply them to differing accounts to result in payment.
- Adaptability to changing procedures and growing environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 2 or 4 year degree.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in medical collections or professional billing preferred.
- Knowledge of claims review and analysis. Working knowledge of revenue cycle.
- Experience working the DDE Medicare system.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and/or insurance claim terminology.
Certifications: CRCR within 6 months hire perm. Client will pay
Keywords: Medical billing, Medical Coding, billing, coding, medical, AR, AR Specialist, Healthcare, Medicare, Medicaid